Waking up refreshed and ready to take on the day – that’s how we all hope our vacations will go, right? It’s time to make that vision a reality.
Here’s some tips for better sleep from the the Wellness Tourism Association (WTA):
- Get exposure to sunlight during the day
- Avoid exposure to blue light (your phone!) at night
- Establish consistency with bedtime and wake times
- Avoid heavy caffeine late in the day
- Avoid napping during the day
- Drink lots of fluids, especially during flights
- Bring your usual sleepwear
- Keep your meals at normal and try to avoid overeating
External stimulants including caffeine, sugar, and electronic devices can interupt your body’s natural cycles (a.k.a. circadian rhythm).